Ultra fresh skin care is nature’s latest luxury
Niki Newd is a pioneer of fresh cosmetics. The natural products are a perfect fit for the Hotel St. George Care spa, an oasis of well-being and all-around pampering. We asked Kirsi Kaukonen, co-founder of Niki Newd, what fresh cosmetics are and how guests can enjoy them at St. George.
Kirsi Kaukonen was strolling across the frozen Baltic Sea, when the inspiration for her fresh skin care company first struck. On that chilly day 13 years ago, she made a discovery.
Chatting with her biochemist friend about a centuries-old face mask recipe, she realised they both shared a passion for pure skin care. Soon after, they began developing completely new, natural skin care products. Fast forward to 2014 and Niki Newd was born.
When buying groceries, we pay a lot of attention to the ingredients. We wanted to take the same approach to skin care.
- All of our raw materials are from the beginning of the production chain, and are fully traceable to their origins. That’s because we want to know what we use on our own skin and our family members’ skin. We also decided against making our products long-lasting with artificial preservatives, Kaukonen says.
What makes a skin care product fresh?
But what exactly is fresh skin care? According to Kaukonen, it’s based on four core principles:
- Products are created using only natural ingredients and free of preservatives, additives and alcohol
- All ingredients are fully traceable to their point of origin
- Products are freshly handmade
- Recipes are based on high-quality, edible food grade rather than cosmetic grade ingredients
– We focus on nutritious food grade ingredients. They have so many caring properties that the products don’t need a long list of ingredients. For daily use, it’s enough to have one soap and one skin cream, Kaukonen explains.
Niki Newd products stay fresh for 1–3 months, some of them in fridge temperature. More than 50% of the ingredients are sourced from Finland, and the artisan products are made to order once a month in Espoo, southern Finland. They are free of commonly allergenic ingredients, such as nut and essential oils.
A unique hand-crafted treatment
Happily, you can now indulge in Niki Newd’s treats at St. George Care spa. The natural well-being facial consists of the collection’s fresh cosmetics, as well as new products designed especially for spa treatments.
Freshly-squeezed cucumber juice, a honey peel, a beta-glucan mask, and a coconut milk cleanse, soothe and nourish the skin, pampering you with wonderful aromas. You can choose either a 45-minute or 75-minute treatment, the longer of which includes an additional rose quartz facial massage.
– I recommend the treatment to anyone with a curious mind, an appreciation for high-quality skin care and the occasional need for relaxation or an energy boost. The treatment is natural luxury at its finest that will leave your skin healthy and radiant, Kaukonen concludes.
If this sounds like something you’d like to pamper yourself with, why not treat yourself at St. George Care spa today.
Published date: 05.12.2019