Special new experience at Hotel St. George
Finnish forest mushroom weekend with Saimi Hoyer
After all, everything but mushroom picking is pointless. – Saimi Hoyer
This autumn, mushroom lovers in the Helsinki capital area are in for a treat. For years, Saimi Hoyer's popular mushroom weekends have been highly requested in Helsinki, and we at Hotel St. George are delighted to be able to offer two unique Finnish forest mushroom weekend experiences on 19–20 August and 23–24 September 2023.
Saimi Hoyer, a supermodel and media personality who is lovingly spreading the joy of mushrooms, describes the mushroom weekends as unforgettable trips to the forest where everyone learns something; the one who is passionate about foraging mushrooms by day, even by night under a headlamp and knows countless species, and the one who is just at the beginning of their own mushroom journey.
"At the mushroom weekend, no one asks what you do for a living or where your home is. We simply pause for the mushrooms, and that's enough."
A warm welcome to Hotel St. George to experience the wonder of Finnish mushrooms and the magic of the autumn forest together with Saimi and mushroom guru and writer Jarkko Korhonen.
Photo: Elina Simonen
St. George x Saimi Hoyer Forest Mushroom Experience
The mushroom experiences will take place on two autumn weekends, 19-20 August and 23-24 September 2023 at Hotel St. George.
The unique programme with Saimi Hoyer & Jarkko Korhonen on both weekends includes:
- At 9 am meeting at Hotel St. George with an opening drink, designed by Bar Manager Tuomas Hämäläinen and served in the hotel's magical Wintergarden
- At 9.30 am departure to the mushroom forest by private shuttle
- At 2 pm return to the hotel & check-in to rooms
- At 3 pm late lunch at Wintergarden, followed by mushroom identification and discussion with experts. Guidance, advice and insights into the secrets of mushrooms. Assembly of the mushroom exhibition at the Wintergarden until 6 pm.
- From 6 pm to 7 pm at your own leisure – for example, you can visit St. George Care spa, enjoy a mushroom cocktail at Wintergarden, or the tranquil atmosphere of your own room.
- At 7.30pm – long mushroom dinner at St. George Bakery: a spectacular multi-course dinner experience, featuring different types of mushrooms and their distinctive flavours
In addition to the programme, the St. George x Saimi Hoyer Forest Mushroom Experience includes:
- one-night stay in your preferred room category
- access to the St. George Care spa and Playground gym
- the most delicious hotel buffet breakfast in town
Prices start from 600 € for one or 900 € for two (450 € per person) in a Serenity Studio or Companion Twin room. Possibility to book an extra night Fri-Sat or Sun-Mon at an extra cost.
We recommend you book your experience soon as places are very limited!
Terms and conditions: Please note that lunch and dinner beverages are not included in the price of the experience. Reservations can be cancelled free of charge 7 days prior to arrival at 6 pm. Cancellations and changes made after this time will be charged in full. The organiser reserves the right to cancel the event due to force majeure or low attendance. In such cases, the registered participants will be informed without delay. The organiser is not liable for any other costs arising from the cancellation.